In order to qualify for this program, a child must turn 4 by August 31 of the school year in which the child will enter preschool. You must also be able to answer “YES” to at least one of the questions below.
1) Do you speak English as a second language?
2) Is the child’s family migrant and you have documentation to verify?
3) Is your child receiving any special services (speech therapy, learning disabilities, mentally handicapped, etc.)?
4) If you answered “YES” to number 3, does your child have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)?
5) Is mother or father without a high school diploma or GED?
6) Was the mother a teenager when the child was born?
7) Are you a single parent?